Waking Up In A Tub Full Of Ice

Thursday, March 09, 2006

"Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run, these are the only people who count."
Robert Heinlein.

I've always loved that quote. It just annoys people so much. And the kind of people who are capable of getting annoyed about it are exactly the kind of people one needs to annoy.
Regularly.

It has occured to me that I'd love to start an agency devoted to introducing type A & B people to type Cs. So next time some woolly thinking type tells me I'm a Libertarian bastard for suggesting that there are people out there who are merely bulk filler, I can go into the database, find some truly horrible P Head or wino and arrange for them to come and stay in Woolly Thinker's house for a few weeks.

In fact, as soon as I can think of a way to make a dollar or two from such an enterprise, you may rest assured I will.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Dr Vexation said…

    This comment was emailed to me for inclusion:


    Yeah, too right, lets have weenies properly meet the people they are so pious about and see what they think. Trouble is, sometimes they do - and like Nelson, they put their telescope to their blind eye stating "I see no ships". Or they have some idiot Marxist/ post-modernist/ archaic psychological theory (not used by working psychologists, of whom I am one) to excuse the inexcusable. Not until their PC world is turned upside down by reality do these people get the message that slums have teeth; that poor people have to put up with even more hassle as a result of the excuses the right-on make for the evil acts of their neighbours; and that most poor/ minority/ victimised people do not behave badly despite their adversity. So weenies, stop cutting the riff-raff slack and defend the majority of folks doing their best to get by.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home